In no particular order, here are some of my thoughts on why some homes stay on the market longer than others and do not get the sought after dollar amount..
- The photographs displayed in your online listing might be blurry, poorly lit, or there are too few.
View your digital listing and make sure your photographs are of professional quality and quantity.
- Your photographs are lacking descriptions, leaving the viewer with confusion.
- The buyer can’t see themselves in your home, because all they see is you.
Declutter your walls, rooms, and counter tops. Remove all family photos.
- Your home is over priced.
Look at the price per square footage of some other similar homes in your neighborhood or area to make sure you are competitive.
- Your home smells like a dirty diaper pail or kitty litter box.
Invite over your most honest friend and non-pet-owner to give the air a sniff.
- Your carpets are stained or dingy.
Have your carpets professionally cleaned.
- Your home has no curb appeal in the landscaping department.
Here are some ideas to liven it up: cut your grass weekly, pull the weeds, trim the trees/scrubs, remulch the flower and tree beds, or purchase some in season flowers to add some color and contrast.
- Your home isn’t being marketed socially.
There are many places to advertise and list your home with Facebook and Instagram being the most trafficked.
- The program or service being used to make appointments to view your home is not user friendly or reliable.
- You didn’t hire me.
I bet you didn’t see that one coming. Lol.
But in all seriousness, almost any home can be sold, even with all the above mentioned issues, however correcting one (price being the most important) or all of these, can get you top dollar and make a quicker sale for your home.
If your home was previously on the market and you were disappointed with your experience, please reach out to me, and I would love to chat.
Jordan Marie Schilleci
United Real Estate – Houston
Call or Text Anytime.. 832-493-6685